Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Hawaii Marriage License Info


How to Obtain a Marriage License in Honolulu, Hawaii

Signing Ceremony

To get married in Hawaii, a Marriage License must be received from the Department of Health before the Wedding. No blood tests (or divorce records) are required, only valid photo ID's and $60 cash (or $65 online payment).*

*ImportantIf you are under 19 years old, please bring your Birth Certificate and a Photo ID as proof of legal age to marry. If you have been divorced less than two months, please bring your Divorce decree.

Single persons 18 years of age and above may marry without parental consent. 17 year-olds need one parent's consent, and 16-year olds need both parents' consent.

Wedding packages do not include a Marriage License, which can only be obtained by the Bride & Groom by appearing in person together at the Dept. of Health.

No assistance is necessary to get a Marriage License, just fill out a simple one-page Application form.

Expedite your Marriage License Application and apply online at:

Marriage Application Online

Once you have filled out your online Marriage License Application and $65.00 online payment, just visit the Dept. of Health to pick up your MARRIAGE LICENSE. Bring your ID's with you when you go.

Escorted transportation from Ko Olina to the Honolulu Department of Health is available at Bridal Dream Wedding Company for $90.00, or $149.00 from TURTLE BAY.


You can now pick up your Marriage License at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, lobby level, Monday – Friday, except State holidays, 9:00 – 5:00.
By appointment only: (808) 931-8349

If you need to go on a holiday or on the weekend, you can make special arrangements by calling ahead of time.
*For the Sheraton Waikiki office, you must have first applied and paid for your license online. They do not accept paper applications.

Visit the Department of Health in Honolulu, or call one of their Agents on weekends & holidays.

1250 Punchbowl St.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
(808) 586-4544
Hours: 8:00am to 3:00pm

On weekends, contact a Health Dept. Agent for an appointment.
Call Sherilynn at (808) 523-1880,
or Fusako at (808) 455-1186.
More Agents...

On KAUAI - 808-241-3498

Cynthia (808) 875-8459 (Kihei)
Sherri Lynn (808) 661-7257 (Lahaina)
Florence (808) 661-0887 (Lahaina)
Ilene (808) 572-8833 (Makawao)

You can see the Dept. of Health online at:

If you need a Wedding Minister, visit:
Honolulu Ministers

If you should lose your Marriage License before the wedding (or forget to apply for one) you will need to apply for a new Marriage License. Be sure to sign the date of the wedding as no earlier than the date you received your Marriage License. Ceremonies held before the date of the Marriage License are not recognized.

Please take note of three important terms and their meanings:
Marriage License Application: A one-page form you must fill out and bring to the Department of Health (or Health Dept. Agent), along with your ID's and $60.00 processing fee (cash only), to receive your Marriage License.
Marriage License: The Dept. of Health will give you a MARRIAGE LICENSE, which you need in order to get married in Hawaii. Bring that with you for the Minister to sign at your Wedding.
Marriage Certificate: The Dept. of Health will mail you your official MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE after they process your Marriage License (signed by the Minister) following your Wedding.

Check out our affordable wedding packages including the Wedding Officiant, Photographer, and other optional wedding services.

Hawaiian Weddings

Your official Marriage Certificate will take a few months to arrive by mail. You may order an official Marriage Record by filling out the "Green Form" (Marriage Records Request). The copy arrives faster than the original. The cost is $10.00 (money order when ordering by mail, or cash in person). Order your MARRIAGE RECORD online.

*Please do not confuse your official MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (from the State of Hawaii) with your souvenir Framed Wedding Certificate from Bridal Dream Wedding Company.

Marriage Licenses are issued to U.S. citizens and those from foreign countries regardless of your nationality. If you are coming from outside the USA, please contact your local authorities with any questions you may have about foreign marriages performed in the USA.

View Map To Dept. of Health

Round-trip Transportation to the Dept. of Health for Marriage License application is available for $49.00 at BRIDAL DREAM HAWAII.

Sightseeing Tours

Bridal Dream Wedding Company

Honolulu, Hawaii
Office: (808)924-3600
Cell: (808)772-1140
‪(619) 333-6146‬